Pilgrimage 2021: A note from the CSRG Chaplain
In Commemoration of St. René Goupîl
TO: applicant-members the Company of St. René Goupîl
FROM: Fr. Joseph Favole, FSSP – Chaplain
Dear Friend of St. René,
In order to become better friends with Jesus through imitation of St. René, I ask you to do the following, faithfully:
1. Together with every pilgrim, please begin today to recite daily a short prayer, of just three profound lines, by St. Nicholas of Flüe.
Download it from this page of the pilgrimage blog.
2. I ask you then also to read, re-read & reflect on the letter of St. Isaac Jogues, recounting the martyrdom of our Company’s Blessed Patron.
- As you re-read it, pray the “pilgrims’ prayer” with humility every day, and take the message of both to heart, God will transform you by and by in imitation of St. René. Only in this way, are we made ready & able to do The Lord’s will & to please him on pilgrimage.
3. There are posts of audio files & short texts just for you on this, the Company’s blog. Find them in the navigation bar to the right.
4. Please also subscribe to the blog.
Ad majorem Dei gloriam!
Rev. Fr. Joseph Favole, FSSP
Chaplain – Company of St. René Goupîl
Pilgrimage for Restoration
Come to restore. The rest will come.
Friday – Sunday
24-26 September 2021 A.D.
“Nobody makes pilgrimage alone.”
“In unione orationum.”
“Now is the acceptable time.“
II. Cor. vi, 2